Joseph Bud Ramos and Kari Lynn Cash were each sentenced to prison last month for their roles in the Fleifel conspiracy. Ramos was sentenced to 30 months in prison and Cash received five years in prison.
When Ramos pled guilty last year, he admitted that he and others in the fraud conspiracy would tell timeshare owners that they had a bona fide offer to buy their timeshares, that money was in escrow, that the deal was guaranteed to close within 90 days, and that all they needed to do to make the deal happen was to send an upfront payment for fees to make the deal happen. (See Ramos Facts) In reality, there was no buyer lined up and Ramos and his co-conspirators took between $1 million and $2.5 million in upfront fees from their victims. His plea agreement with the government included an agreed sentence of five years in prison.
Cash admitted to nearly identical facts when she pled guilty. (See Cash Facts)
The status of the defendants in the Fleifel case are:
- Edmond Charles Burke: pled guilty, awaiting sentencing;
- Kari Lynn Cash: 60 months in prison and $1,315,714.83 in restitution;
- Fabian C Fleifel: 168 months in prison and $1,330,116.28 in restitution;
- Kevin Jacob Frater: 21 months in prison and restitution to be determined;
- Bradley James Gomez: 30 months in prison and $1,317,804.83 in restitution;
- Rani F Khoury: pled guilty, awaiting sentencing;
- Courtney Darell Lister: pled guilty, awaiting sentencing;
- Joseph Bud Ramos: 60 months in prison and $1,110,067.24 in restitution;
- Amanda Nadine Rizkallah: home confinement for 6 months and $1,725,916.22 in restitution;
- Eric Rosado: 21 months in prison and $10,371.97 in restitution.